Instagram is the most popular photo sharing social platform in the world today, with over 800 million users. This figure also includes close to 25 million business profiles and 2 million advertisers. What makes Instagram instantly endearing to its almost-inching-towards-a-billion users is that the app provides a fun and interesting platform to display their creativity via a simple, visual medium. Instagram, through its engaging model, manages to captivate the users’ attention and interest by channeling the power of picturesque imagery. Despite being owned by Facebook, its appeal hasn’t diminished with users yet - which may be a result of it retaining its non-intrusive and fun vibe. Thus, Instagram presents an impeccable opportunity for businesses to share their brand identity in a visual, creative and engaging way. Regardless of your business being big or small, regardless of the services you might provide, rest assured that your brand will gain visibility and recognition if you play your cards right on this app.
Take a look around and you’re sure to discover that brands are increasingly trying to make the most of visual content and establish connections with their prospects and customers. And what’s interesting is that they’re actually seeing results. According to a study published by HubSpot, visual content is the perfect way for businesses to engage with their audience on the highest level, especially while using social media marketing.
- An average of over 55 million images are shared by Instagram users on a daily basis.
- 7 out of 10 hashtags to appear on Instagram are those of brands.
- 30% of Instagram users have been known to buy a product they find on the app.
- Instagram scored 3.64 billion USD in global advertising revenue in 2017.
- The Instagram Stories are known to hit 300 million active users, which is almost 2 times that of Snapchat.